When we are talking about any product or platform first thing we want to make it good for users but most of the time we are not concentrating on web accessibility which is a really important part of any product. I am sure most of you know about what is web accessibility but for more clarity let’s see what it is?
WHAT IS WEB ACCESSIBILITY?
According to www.w3.org which is a very important reference for this definition:
Web accessibility means that websites, tools, and technologies are designed and developed so that people with disabilities can use them. More specifically, people can:
- perceive, understand, navigate, and interact with the Web
- contribute to the Web
Web accessibility encompasses all disabilities that affect access to the Web, including:
Web accessibility also benefits people without disabilities, for example:
- people using mobile phones, smartwatches, smart TVs, and other devices with small screens, different input modes, etc.
- older people with changing abilities due to ageing
- people with “temporary disabilities” such as a broken arm or lost glasses
- people with “situational limitations” such as in bright sunlight or in an environment where they cannot listen to audio
- people using a slow Internet connection, or who have limited or expensive bandwidth
I think now you understand how much web accessibility is important so how do you want to know how it can cost millions of dollars if you are not following this?
Let’s see some of the case related to this:
Supreme Court hands victory to blind man who sued Domino’s over site accessibility
So wanted to know your website is accessible or not and you are following all rules and regulations related to web accessibility or not? Schedule your free web accessibility audit with LearnShiz Techies
This is marked by Good firm’s company as a top web development company in Delhi, India. Want to know more about this click here
To schedule your free web accessibility audit click on below SCHEDULE NOW button
You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this.